Simply Trusting



It is a new year! With that thought comes an overwhelming thankfulness at God's faithfulness, and an acknowledgement that none of my achievements have been my own work, but Christ's work in me. It also brings an excitement about what the new year will hold, and even a slight fear at not knowing what the future will bring.

This morning I read several different passages of Scripture, and they all seemed to impress on me this thought: God has given me the truth I need for today, and I must trust Him with the future. 

Proverbs 3:5-6 says, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy path."

I don't need to know what my future holds, as much as I think I do. The beauty of the Christian life is knowing that the Lord has a perfect plan for our lives and trusting Him to make that plan clear to us in His perfect timing.

I must simply trust in God and the truth He has given me for today and be content and happy with that.

I must keep my eyes on Christ as I face the future, and not be afraid to step out on faith to accomplish all that He has planned for me.

Romans 12:2 says, "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of you mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

As a final thought, I found this anonymous quote in one of my devotional books and wanted to share it with you...

"I do not see my way: I do not care to; but I know that He sees His way, and that I see Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment