6 Tips to Simplifying Your Life



Yesterday I was looking through one of my quilt books to find a pattern to use, and if you can believe it I came across six wonderful tips on how to simplify your life! Granted, the quilt book is called "Simplify", and the author, Camille Roskelley, definitely has the same passion as myself in this regard, but I felt like this find was too good not to share.

She says...

Reduce clutter. Take 20 minutes a day to clean out a drawer, a purse, or a closet. Weeding out clutter will help reduce stress while keeping things organized.

(I'm a HUGE fan of organization. It makes things easy to find which saves time and definitely reduces stress.)

Take an afternoon off of your normal routine and make time for a favorite book, a favorite outing - or a favorite stack of fabric.

(This tip speaks volumes to me. Often I get so wrapped up in what has to get done, when really the best thing I could do for myself is take an afternoon off. While "putting things off till tomorrow" can be taken too far, sometimes you honestly do need a break.)

Limit your to-do list to three larger task per day. If you accomplish more than this, you will be overachieving, rather than falling short!

(I love this - now you all know my secret! They do call me an overachiever, but maybe that's because I keep things simple. ;)

Organize your life with one calendar. One quick glance in the morning can help you plan out your day in just a few moments.

(ONE calendar. But what about all those fun designs and themes??? No Jess. Stick with one. It's simpler, remember?)

Don't over-schedule! Easier said than done, right? Evaluate your weekly activities and decide which ones are essential. If possible, try to schedule your day with plenty of time between events. That way you can go through the day at a more leisurely pace, instead of rushing from one appointment to the next.

(Music to my ears! She thinks just like me.)

Create dedicated family time. We have planned family time every Monday night. We enjoy a fun activity as a family, figure out what everyone has going for the week, and just enjoy one another's company.

(Family time is so, so, so, sooooooooo important. Without it I don't know where I would be today. My family is my support team. They are the ones who inspire and advise me. I love them to the moon and back, and would never want to miss a night at home simply hanging out with them. Don't miss spending time with your family. It is more precious than words can describe!) 

I hope you found these tips to be helpful and inspiring! If you enjoy quilting, then I'm sure you'd also enjoy reading Camille's book, Simplify. She also has a lovely blog which I follow, and you can find that here!

No comments:

Post a Comment