Busy, Busy, Busy!



Things have been getting very busy for me lately with the end of a school term coming up and with traveling this week during Thanksgiving break. Perhaps your schedule is getting busy too, and you're asking yourself, "How can I keep things simple?" I know I've been asking myself that question.

Living a simple lifestyle doesn't mean living a life with nothing on your schedule to do. It means living your life with a proper perspective and right priorities even when you have a full schedule - especially when you have a full schedule.

Remember that a simple life is a peaceful life. A life that is worth living.

So what is that proper perspective and the right priorities that we need in our lives to live simply? For me it starts with knowing that whatever happens during my day-to-day life is according to God's perfect plan.

No matter how crazy busy my schedule looks like in the morning, I can have peace knowing that everything that is supposed to get done will get done.

It also means that I have to prioritize every area of my life because I can't do it all, and I have to decide what is truly important.

What type of homework will I do today?
Who will I spend time with today?
What will I think about today?
How will I spend my time at work today; being diligent and productive, or distracted and unproductive?
Will I continue to train my attitude today to be content and surrendered to what God has planned for me?

These questions will be different for everyone, but the point is that you will discover what you honestly value in life if you start asking yourself questions like these.

When you have the proper perspective and set the right priorities in your life, you will be happy, content, and at peace, even with a busy schedule. And that is the essence of a simple lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment