Ups and Downs



This picture shows a very simple thing in life, but one day as I was looking at these bed springs I was reminded of the way life seems to be a constant stream of ups and downs. One day I could be on a high because of something wonderful that has happened, but the next day I could be in the depths of despair because of something else that happened.

Now some would tell me that's because I'm a girl, and girls are just too emotional! But I would have to disagree. There truly are high points in our lives, and low points in our lives, and the way we respond in every situation shows our true character.

This "line of thought" made me reflect on my own life. How do I respond to difficult situations? Do I look at them with a contented attitude, willing to trust God through the trials in my life, or do I complain and have a bad attitude when I experience a trial?

In I Thessalonians 5:18 the Bible says, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I guess that really leaves no room for worrying or complaining. "In every thing give thanks." Think about that. What a different outlook on life than what we're used to hearing...

Hopefully this concept challenges you to change your perspective on the up's and down's in life, as it did for me. It's easy to learn from the simple, little things in life if you look at them with the right attitude, and learning from the simple things in life is definitely a part of living a simplified lifestyle!

3 comments:

  1. A good reminder to keep our eyes on God through ALL things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking about this this morning! Thank you so much for bringing another reminder into my day. It's just what I needed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord Christina! I'm happy you both enjoyed the read.

    ReplyDelete