A Father's Simple Love



I am so thankful for my parents, and today I want to write a little about my dad. There are so many things I could say about what he's done for me, but to keep things simple I'll only focus on a few.

First of all, I am so thankful for my father's love. A day does not go by where he doesn't tell me that he loves me at least once, and I can't tell you the security that gives me! He often reminds me that he believes in me, that he's proud of me, and that he knows I can do great things with my life. This verbal encouragement is so precious to me, and gives me confidence.

I'm also thankful that my father hugs and kisses me and tells me that I'm beautiful! Not to make me proud, of course, but again to give me security. I believe every young woman needs this kind of fatherly love in her life, otherwise she will seek it from others. I have several friends that increasingly sought the approval of men as they got older because they didn't receive the love and attention they needed at home from their fathers. They went seeking it elsewhere, and often this resulted in an inappropriate relationship with a boyfriend.

I say those things with the understanding that many of my friends who don't have a strong father-figure in their life have still made the right decisions when it comes to relationships with young men, and I'm so thankful for that! I believe they were able to do that because of their strong relationship with Jesus Christ, and the fulfillment and love they find in a relationship with Him.

The reason I am saying these things is to exhort fathers to show love to their daughters! We need your love. We need the comfort, security and confidence it gives us. My father's love helps to prepare me for the day when I can expect to be confident and secure in my husband's love. You fathers, are helping your daughters to prepare for their futures, and helping us to prepare for the right relationship with our husbands, if it is the Lord's will for us to marry. Thank you to fathers everywhere, who help their daughters by showing them love!

The final thing that I'd like to thank my father for is his attention to my modesty. As a man, he obviously knows what a guy would think when he looks at me, and there were times when my father would tell me I needed to go and change my outfit. I never wanted a guy to think impure thoughts when he looked at me, but sometimes as a girl I didn't understand certain things would do that. I just thought I was wearing a cute outfit! 

That is why I am so thankful my father took the time to explain the importance of modesty to me, even when those conversations could get a little awkward. They were always things I needed to hear, and even though I would sometimes get upset that I had to go and change, I am now so thankful for it because it taught me how a young Christian lady should dress to be modest.

I hope this little tribute to my father shows you the importance of a father's love. Cherish the time you can spend with your daughter, because I think you'll find you miss it when she goes to college, or moves out to make her own home. It can be quite simple to say a word of encouragement, or to give your daughter a hug when you get home from work. All it takes is a conscious effort to do those things, and trust me, they will mean the world to your daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment